Friday, December 09, 2005

Am I Bitter?

Brian and I fought last night and causing so much drama before we went to bed. This was the 4th time we had a major arguement after 2 months knowing each other. I'm not sure whether that is considered healthy, but I'm sure we are so much into each other.

Two days ago I was struggling with my English research paper. I was desperately asking for his help since he's an English teacher (no, I'm not dating him because of that!), but it turned out that the his help wasn't that I expected. But anyway, it's over. I am so glad that I handed in my paper, and that's the last time I have to deal with it. Even I get a stupid B for it, I am not bitter.

So yesterday, Brian asked to stay over since Lance is out of town (yippie!). Of course I agreed without hesistation. Having Brian is the best thing ever happened to me since I came to LA, and having him coming over makes me feel happy like a little boy on his birthday. So I decided, after my horribly boring English class, to shop at one of the Mexican supermarkets and cook us dinner. A romantic dinner.

I'm not a good cook, sorry to say that, but cooking for Brian made me all excited. I wanted to please him so much, and by cooking, it's a way for me to say I care for him. The only recipe I mastered since I'm here is noodle with soup. Thanks to Martin for his delicious recipe. I have no problem cooking that dish anytime.

So I rushed home, and hoping that I had enough time to cook the meals in time before he arrived. Within one and a half hour, I finally finished cooking the soup and noodle. I have to say I was proud of myself. Not because of the food, but because I had made an effort to make our relationship grows.

I made each of us lemonade (I know, we are both still kids), and lit 2 candles to put on the table.

Brian arrived few minutes later, and as usual, he started complaining how terrible his day was. I don't mind hearing all those, because sometimes I do complain like an old granny. He was kinda surprised when he saw me cooking dinner for him. So, we had a great time at dinner.

After finishing dinner, Brian asked if he could watch Apprentice on tv. What the fuck is Apprentice? Watching tv? I thought you're tired?

First of all, I can't understand why people, especially Americans, can't live without tv. Secondly, Brian complained he was tired and exhausted, but why must he watch tv instead of cuddling with me?

I wasn't exactly pissed, but I was disappointed.

The worst thing is, I started to go into my so-called "passive aggressive" mode. Brian once told me, when we had our last fight, that I have this kinda behavior. Passive what? Am I even close to being aggressive? Whatever the fuck is, it means you keep all your disappointments and regrets to yourself, and you sulk like nobody's business. And you wait for the best time to explode, such as before bedtime. *grins*

It wasn't a beautiful fight last night...it was totally ugly and unhealthy. He started complaining how much he's giving in this relationship, and his statements made me feel like I'm not doing anything at all. It's like you're cripple and he has to push the fucking wheelchair feeling. Get it? So taking the trouble to cook for you is not giving enough? I didn't say that out though, so I just shut the fuck up.

Brian could be so direct sometimes it scares me. I guess it's a cultural thingy, but c'mon, you're with an Asian partner, you gotta be more sensitive sometimes! I have stopped pointing at your Jewish people, haven't I?

Whatever it is, I still can't get over with last night's fight. I just don't understand why can't I say exactly what I wanted to say when I am not satisifed with him? Is it because of fear? Or because of ego? And I can't understand why can't he sense how I feel when I'm not satisfied? Is it so hard to do that? Am I not transparent enough?! Should I just shout on top of my lungs for the sake of him knowing?

This time it really hit me hard. I wanted to know if I'm the culprit. I wanted to know is it because of my behavior that all my past relationships failed? How much should I give in order to make this relationship works?

9 Comments:

Blogger Lorrie said...

From a fellow passive/agressive, I can say that I totally know how you feel.

It's like you give and give and give all of these wonderful signals or clues and the other person just doesn't "get it". I don't think it is so much a cultural thing, I think we are just more sensitive than others!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hug hug dear.. relationship is much more than an exact recipe for a confirmed-tasty dish. no formular, no equality.. depends on how we deal with it.. and luck..

8:40 PM  
Blogger Dildos said...

awww... so sorry to hear la.

Am sure things are already ok by now.

I guess there are a lot of up and downs and adjusting in any relationship.

hugs ya

6:50 AM  
Blogger mikey said...

Thanks guys. We've talked things through and we are fine now :) The more we communicate, the more closer we get to each other.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Joseph said...

my dear..
never can anyone of us detach from our past, whereby the past is where we come from, how we deal with people, how we address ourselves, how we carry ourselves in front of people. I think in any stages of relationship has risks; a fight can be a risk of getting better or getting worse, so as any other ways of communication. I don't know... but ultmately the "love" is the core, if the love is still there, i guess anything could come to a peaceful compromise. my dear i wish you love and all the best, always.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Mr RM said...

awwwwwww..... so sorry for you mate! I am sure if the love of both people are strong, there will be no obstacle!

Good luck to you and Brian, I hope all will be well! Take care and warm hugs from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.....

Brian, dont be so hard on poor Mikey here... give him a break!

8:58 PM  
Blogger mikey said...

Thanks JoJo and Kitty for your support! We are doing fine now! Brian is leaving for India tomorrow, and I'm gonna miss you terribly :(

Kitty, Brian doesn't know I write blog. I don't know if I should keep it this secret from him?

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try cuddling and watching tv at the same time. it helps, at least in my case.

when i am tired at the end of a long day, he will ask,"what dvd shall we watch?". we will end up cuddling and just watching half of the movie and both of us will be happy at the end.

8:18 AM  
Blogger mikey said...

Thanks veronica...I mean veloorian, for your advice :)

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home