Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I Still Believe in Tori Amos

Last night we were at the Nokia Theatre for Tori Amos' concert. I've been a huge fan of Tori since I was in my uni years. I still remember her Choirgirl album that caught my attention, that led to the obsession, which I could proudly call myself a Toriphile. Well almost. I wasn't particularly crazy about her two previous albums (Scarlet Walk & Beekeeper), and for a personal reason, I stopped listening to Tori since my break up with my ex, who also happens to love Tori.

Talking about that ex, he's visiting next year and staying with us for a few days. It should be interesting to see him again after (silent) all these years.

Tori's concert was good, but for some reasons, I wasn't totally blown away. I love Tori's new album concept of having several characters that portray different type of women. With that saying, Tori took the trouble to change her outfits and wigs several times during the concert. She looked amazing with all the glamarous costumes, and her dramatic theatrical presentation put Cher to shame. But hang on...where's the raw and raunchy Tori that I used to love? Where's the crazy and let-all-the-hair-down Tori that I always felt connected to?

The only song that really reminded me of old Tori was "The Waitress"...which I told myself I had to get her cheap, see-through yet overpriced jersey top that says "I Believe in Peace, Bitch!" Oh well, I still love you Tori Amos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home