Friday, August 12, 2005

Sex & the City - Edited Version.

I was watching SATC (Sex and the City) the other day on channel 38, tbs, because I was bored and got nothing better to do. Mind you, I love SATC but I've watched the whole 6 season for at least 2 times! So watching back the same old episode didn't seem to be funny anymore.

To those diehard fans of SATC - you remember there was one time when Miranda thought that her gay neighbour, who lived opposite her block, was cruising her but actually he wasn't (he was targeting the guy living one floor below Miranda). And he got Miranda all excited till she did the unspeakable thing - showing her white boobie.

But wait...where's the boobie? Damn, I was so eager to see her boobie!!! Not that I have any interest in women's breasts, but Miranda's boobies are one of a kind. Throughout the whole 6 seasons, Miranda's breasts transformed from nice and tiny "mango" to fleshy and milky papaya-like breasts (remember when Little Brady was hungry...Oh My GOD!)

Apparently, there's a censorship on American TV and I have never thought that it would happen over here in the US. I thought it's a liberal country...no? But come to think again, there's always censorship in everything in our lives. For example, while you're talking to your mom and your mom asked, "how are you and your bf?"; you wouldn't jumped up in excitement and said, "oh we had hot sex all night long, and we did 69..." like you would to your friends. You always filter the details and make sure that those information that you are going to present to her is what she wants to hear. Like "We are fine. (Period)"

I have to admit I'm the Master of Filteration. I edited most of my life to make it sweet and lovely. I ignored whatever hideous things I had done in the past, and swore never to look back again.

Does that make me an optimistic person, or a person who doesn't like to face the reality?

I sincerely don't know and I don't care...cause I'm too tired to think bout it. I am who I am, and I love and hate the person inside me - unedited.

3 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

honey, you have some amazing charisma about you. that has always made me love and trust you, eventhough I'm a huge has never trusted anyone sceptic. Muax muax babe. Hang in there!

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, we all censor all the unhappiness in our past with or without realizing it. that makes us happier.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Joseph said...

..sometimes it just tastes too bitter to look back. i never wanted to avoid/filter the reality, but somehow I did it anyway. sometimes I think doing it that way might make me happier, but at the end of the day, i could still sob about it in the middle of the night- struggling with it, face it or not face it, that will require lots of courage. just wish to see a true-true me.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home