Tuesday, July 12, 2005

10 Excuses NOT to write Blog

Few weeks back, my friend Jee Jee and Jo Jo helped me to create this blog. Frankly SPEAKING, I don't really fancy writing (I'm more of a TALKING person - I'm good with anything that using my mouth!) and have never written any journal or diary in my whole life.

But anyway, I promise them to give it a shot. So here I am...

Last week, I read about blog-writing in the newspaper and to my surprise, there are more and more people writing journals online and it has become an IN thing. I always thought that writing journals is a thing of the past, but I was wrong.

People usually pour their feelings that has been kept deep down inside into a diary, especially when you have no one to turn to, which I guess it's meant to be therapeutic to some of us. Traditionally, diaries and journals are meant to be something personal to the writers. But why the hell we wanna write something personal and let everyone read bout it?

So I come up with some excuses NOT to write a blog:

1) It's a WASTE of TIME

C'mon, you gotta be kidding me. Writing blog instead of logging into gay.com chatroom? Writing blog instead of meeting up cute men in the club (or the public toilet)? Writing blog instead of gossipping bout your "girlfriend's" boyfriend (or ex-boyfriend)?

2) Internet was invented for CHATTING, not WRITING!

I always hate ONE WAY conversation...like right NOW. You never get any feedbacks. But when you do get a feedback (for example, a comment on your skinny legs), you can't shoot it back right at their FACE. And they might not even bother to check back what you have replied.

3) There are BETTER reading materials than this

Like Cleo, Honcho, Blue...Not to mention steamy pictures on the web.

4) Nobody Really CARES

About what you have written. Because it's Your LIFE, not THEIRS. Unless you gossip bout 'em, then that's another story all together.

5) Action Speaks Louder than WORDS

Do I have to elaborate more?

6) Sorry, We are Dumb Blondes.

What if you spell "penus" instead of "penis"? You're gonna be the laughing stock for the next century. And puuuhlease...we are waaaaayy to lazy to check the DICKtionary!

7) Let the Past Pass

Why do we need to remind ourselves about our past when we are so busy to look forward in the future? Most people pen down their diaries when they are down and depressed. We wouldn't wanna know we had sex with 3 inches dick man 3 years ago, would we?

8) Who wants to be Carrie?

As in Carrie in Sex and the City. Let's be honest, seriously, if you have the chance to be one of the characters in SATC, would you choose Miss Bradshaw? I wouldn't...Samantha is always on my first choice :)

9) It's like a DRUG

Yes it is. It's just like coffee, ciggy, computer games...and men. You just can't get enough of them. Once you start bitching, you can't stop bitching.

10) That's What Friends Are For

Why do you need to sit in front of the computer (ALONE!) and "talking" to the screen when you can have a whole bunch of "sisterhood" who are ready to be good listeners? We know we are selfish bitches sometimes, but we just gotta do what we gotta do to keep the friendships alive.

Enough SAID!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda agree with the idea of not writing a blog. Perhaps it's due to my age too. Am too old for these so called technology.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Joseph said...

...gosh...you gotta be kidding me. well said, well said. by the way, congratulations for having bit-achy-written your first blog. once you started, and you can't stop it... hehe

3:30 AM  
Blogger mikey said...

SY - You're forever 18!!!

Thanks JoJo. I will try not to bitch too much. :)

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny Mike... you never cease to amaze me. I would never have thought you could do anything so good

4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... i'm pretty much agree with the xcuses for not writing a blog,but i'm glad u wrote a good one now! way to go mikey

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

booo ! gotcha ! Dunch care. Me insist my jie to try blogging. Blogging can be an orgasmic, u know.

*wink*,
ed

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about 10 excuses for writing a blog entry about not to write a blog.

Hahaha.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Dildos said...

Writing blogs are better than sex!!!!... ok ok almost.

And what's wrong with Carrie!!! I demand an apology!! NOW!!!

wjee

1:59 AM  
Blogger mikey said...

OK OK...if I can't find sex, then blog would be my next resort!

OMG Ed, how did you find me here?

There's nothing wrong with Carrie. But there are better characters than Carrie!

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm a born-to-be stalker, sayang ! *wink*

10:20 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

Hiiii, just bumped into your page...! If I might just say a word or two (and you cant stop me, only delete my comment) but yeah... As you said its like ciggies, its like bad bad men. You know its bad for you but you cant get enough. So even with 10 reasons not to blog (which was a pretty decent, blogging is still too much fun to pass up! Don't you lurve the adoration? Don't you love the attention? Keep it up and I'l be a loyal reader.. Winks

7:33 PM  
Blogger mikey said...

Yeah true. But I'm not a natural born writer...So it might take a while for me to publish another article here!

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you always have the talen to cheer the people around you.. m gonna miss you..

6:51 PM  
Blogger Joseph said...

MUTANT POWER That's CALLed!

2:31 AM  
Blogger mikey said...

Gonna miss ALL OF YOU!!! HUGS!!!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

Funny, I starter blogging for me but now i blog for the most comments. Tehy LOVE me. they REALLY love me! lol. Thanks for the comment at my blog. Life has certainly been interesting for me but it has worked out for the most part!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home